What is Missions Madness Month?
Much of the world screeched to a Covid halt in 2020. At times like this, it is easy to focus on the here-and-now of our situation and take our eyes off of Jesus. That’s what Missions Madness Month is all about – refreshing our souls with a new vision for God’s work in the world.
The following opportunities are ways you can get involved with our exciting journey through January. If you have any questions, please contact Holly Wismer or call the church office.
Beginning January 1st
Check your email or texts for a daily mission prayer focus. You can also sign up to receive these by text!
Beginning January 8th
The Missions Scavenger Hunt Challenge, Virtual Edition
Search for online clues and solve puzzles to unlock links to things you didn’t know about the peoples of the world. Win prizes! Let us know you are ready for the challenge and we will send you the Scavenger Hunt link on January 8th.
Beginning January 5th
Live on Zoom at 11:00am, recorded for late viewing
Join our global worker in South Asia, for a 4-part webinar: Through The Lens: How Culture Shapes Our Worldview and Our Witness.
This class is designed to help understand how we as people, including our experiences of faith, are shaped by the cultures we grow up in. It is an attempt to bring concepts, principles and learnings from the world of international missions, and relate them to our own context for our personal growth and discipleship. From our global worker: As a long-term worker in south Asia, I see much of our Western culture (both religious and secular) becoming increasingly similar to the pluralistic culture of the Hindu world. How vital is it then, to prepare ourselves to witness Christ effectively in this rapidly changing context!
- Session 1: An exploration of culture, understanding what it is, how it impacts us, and how it interacts with our identity and faith experience.
- Session 2: Examining the cultures around us, using details and experiences of Hindu culture as a case stud.
- Session 3: Learning how we can engage with cultural differences effectively
- Session 4: Personal application – life, faith, and authentic witness in a pluralistic world.
Beginning January 1st
Missio Dei Devotions – A weekly devotional reading delivered to your email that reminds us of God’s heart to reach the unreached, plus, updates from our Grace missionary families.
Beginning January 10th
- Commissioning Eric and Katie Unruh for ministry on the Logos Hope ship.
- An in-person visit from missionary Roger Wambold of Hebrew Christian Fellowship.
- Celebrating the completion of the Simbiti New Testament and Amanda Masatu’s translation ministry.
- The Litany of Praise – an offering of praise to God for what He has done in each missionary and ministry Grace Church supports.