The Women’s Ministry Team invite the ladies of the church to participate with us in Secret Sisters, a ministry of caring and sharing with other sisters in Christ. You will be given a “sister” for you to pray for and encourage and receive a “sister” to bless you as well. It is so special knowing that there is someone who prays for you daily.
This is a ministry to glorify the Lord by lifting up your Secret Sister. It’s not about material things but a way to show love toward her by praying for her, sending a card or note, or any gesture to let her know she is being thought of.
If you would like to participate, please fill out a “Getting to Know You” questionnaire and return it to the Hospitality Center by September 4th. To kick off our Secret Sisters program you are invited to attend a Mingle and Chat breakfast on September 10th at 9 a.m. in the Family Life Center, where you will receive the name of your secret sister, her completed questionnaire, and the guidelines for participating.
Can’t attend the breakfast? No problem—just let us know when you return your questionnaire to the Hospitality Center and we will make sure that you receive the name and information for your “sister”. If you plan to attend the breakfast, please sign up here or at the Hospitality Center when returning your questionnaire.
Secret sisters will be revealed at an event in April.
Secret Sisters Guidelines
- Know that this is a commitment. Secret Sisters is a ministry to encourage and pray for other women. The Sister you are assigned is expecting you to uphold her in prayer and receive encouragement through thoughtful gestures for the next 8 months (September-April).
- Uplift your Secret Sister in prayer daily. Praying daily for her will strengthen YOU and the blessings to BOTH of you will be immeasurable.
- Encourage her. Send cards, notes, etc., to her at LEAST once a month. For the cost of a stamp, you will be brightening her day and reminding her that someone is thinking about her and praying for her on a daily basis.
- Remember your Secret Sister on her special occasions. If your Secret Sister’s birthday should fall outside of September-April, please select any day you wish and “celebrate” her birthday!
- Keep her a secret! Don’t let her know who you are!
- Secret Sister Reveal Party! It will be held in April. The date TBD.
- Ideas for encouragement: ANYTHING FROM THE HEART! Cards, thoughtful notes, poems, bookmarks, candy, candles, a book, a small gift card, and anything you make yourself. Review her questionnaire, and remember: it’s the thought that counts. Gifts are not required.
If you send cards and notes to your Secret Sister via U.S. mail, keep your identity a secret by using Secret Sisters, care of Grace Church, 300 Willow Valley Square, Lancaster, PA 17602 as your return address. You can also place items in her church mailbox.
VERY IMPORTANT!!! If you are unable to continue with this commitment, or you are NOT hearing from your Secret Sister on a regular basis, please contact Deb Shenk.