God gives each of us gifts to use in serving Him, both within the family of God and in our community. Here at Grace, there are very few spectators! Most members of the church family are part of a ministry team, investing their time and talent in a wide variety of opportunities. The gifts which God gives us are meant to be shared!
EVERYONE who knows Christ is is equipped to be a spiritual blessing to others. Every one of us can look for opportunities to speak encouraging words or write a note, to pray for someone, to ask a spiritual question, or to take a friend along as we minister and serve. These simple habits create an atmosphere of spiritual vitality!
Using Your Gifts and Abilities
What do enjoy doing? How has God gifted you? Opportunities include:
- Hospitality: parking attendants, ushers, nurses, bakers, and greeters
- Outreach: collecting for Thanksgiving baskets, clothing drive, Vacation Bible School, Harvest Party, One City Church (daughter church)
- Encouragement: hospital or shut-in visitation, adopt-a-missionary, prayer
- Worship: instrumental or vocal music, drama
- Technology: sound or light system, website, photography, video
- Serving: facility maintenance and improvement, yard work, folding bulletins, writing articles about church events or people, filling needs identified by Deacons
- Teaching: children, teens, and adults on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evenings; Kids Express Preschool
- Missions: giving, praying, correspondence, short-term trips
Getting started in ministry at Grace Church begins with Grace Connect, a three-week opportunity to learn about Grace Church, identify the spiritual gifts, abilities, and experiences God has given you and find a “ministry match,” that place where you will find joy as you make a difference through serving. To get started on your journey to meaningful ministry, contact Holly Wismer, Director of Equipping.