April 1, 2020
Good morning, Grace Church family,
As we continue in this war against this novel coronavirus (COVID-19), here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Please set aside time to pray for one another. Many in our church family have lost work income. Others are facing other hardships like not being able to see a loved one who is hospitalized or in a healthcare facility. We are thankful that at present as far as we know, no one in our Grace Church family has been confirmed to have been infected with the virus. I pray that God would graciously allow that to continue.
2. Our facility is now officially on LOCK-DOWN status. This means ONLY essential staff should enter the facility. We realize that our Family Life Center can be a fun place to be, we ask that you do not use your fob to enter for that purpose. Let’s follow the guidance of our state and federal officials: Stay home, stay safe and stop the spread of the coronavirus.
3. In light of the President’s extension of the social distancing guidelines through the month of April, we will continue to livestream our Sunday service via Facebook Live and Youtube Live. Other gatherings (Life Groups, Sunday School, etc) will also be using various online platforms to connect us during this time of social (physical) distancing. When will this be over? Only God knows for sure. But our staff is preparing for the long haul. If you have suggestions for what we are doing in our attempt to stay connected, please let us know.
4. NEXT WEEK IS EASTER WEEK: And we have some special things planned. Stay tuned for details!
5. If you desire to continue to invest in our ministry here at Grace, you can give online. You can also send checks to the church at 300 Willow Valley Square, Lancaster PA 17602. We ask that you do not seek to stop by the church office as current office hours are extremely limited as our staff are working remotely. THANKS to all of you who have given to continue the ministries of our church! We realize that many due to the economic fallout of the pandemic, are struggling financially. Please keep your eyes open to see if you can help someone in need. If the “someone in need” happens to be you, please let us know as we may be able to help.
6. Some of you might be wondering, “Where has Pastor Al been during our livestream services?” He has been at home per our request (and CDC recommendations) since he falls into a high risk group due to his underlying health issues. But he sends his greetings and he has been busy on the phone and before God’s throne talking with many of you and praying for you!
7. Finally, these are trying days for all of us. So let’s cling to God’s promise that he works all things for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28). And God’s purpose is to make us increasingly like Christ (Romans 8:29)!
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope to see you Sunday morning at 10:00am for our livestream worship!
Together for the gospel,